flipping through the “news”
This is why the only mutualist I follow is Baker.
The rest of you are angry for the sake of being angry. You don’t even know what you’re angry at.
I’m not even a mutualist, but I can understand why people get angry when dealing with capitalists.
Capitalism is the voluntary exchange of goods and services. Voluntary. You see that word? That means that there are no hidden deals, no leeching, no distribution of goods, services, capital or whatever through the use of force.
Yeah, except no. The worker doesn’t voluntarily choose to sell their labor-power to a capitalist anymore than you would choose to give your money to a mugger.
No leeching? Get the fuck out. Profit depends on the extraction of surplus value. Mass commodity production could not exist without one class living off of the labor of another.
Taxation is a use of force, therefore it can not be a medium of exchange in which a capitalist engages in.
The capitalist doesn’t care about whether or not his practices involve compulsion of involuntary subordination. Capitalist social relations depend on the involuntary subordination of the worker to the boss, for fuck’s sake. If the capitalist cared about coercion, they wouldn’t be a capitalist.
I’m a “fucking dolt”, a “dumb fuck” or any other adjective you want to apply to me simply because you have no idea what a capitalist is and therefore assign it a definition which fits your prejudice.
Socialists were the first to define what capitalism is and means. Reducing it to voluntary exchange is idiotic and demonstrative of a lack of understanding of the coercion necessary to ignite capitalist production.
You want to cast blame, cast blame my friend. There are plenty to vilify in today’s society and within our economic system. But to blame capitalism for something that isn’t a result of capitalism just shows how naive and devoid of knowledge you are.
Capitalism is a totalizing system of which the State is one part of. Trying to take the State out of its historic role (the defender and creator of capitalist privileges and private property) is just poor thought.
Wow, these replies are simply… umm… they are something. I’m not sure any of these are even grounded in economics.
I’ll respond, but not now. I’m off of work and have a 4-day weekend in a cabin full of booze ahead.
But I’m not going there voluntarily I’m being extorted and all surplus value I absorb from getting drunk will be siphoned away but a capitalist pig when I return to work on Monday.
- ravenclaws-wit reblogged this from basedceerex
- anarcho-alowisney likes this
- gadzooksbazooka likes this
- theycallmegomer reblogged this from eltigrechico
- theycallmegomer likes this
- letinout likes this
- amydentata likes this
- pridefulrepublicans reblogged this from loveyouramerica
- superiorbushidoman likes this
- omnicore likes this
- thisistheplaceweallcallhome likes this
- michaelangerlo likes this
- live-exist-die likes this
- stairwaytomylife likes this
- eltigrechico reblogged this from sugashane and added:
- forgottendialectoftheheart likes this
- zpansven likes this
- conservativejetz reblogged this from loveyouramerica
- loveyouramerica reblogged this from americas-liberty and added:
- honeyscrumptious likes this
- domesticviolinss likes this
- slide-to-the-right likes this
- americas-liberty reblogged this from nojusticenopizza and added:
- pual1010 likes this
- erisandkallisti likes this
- bmrgould likes this
- negropean said: ~BUT CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS WROTE A BOOK CRITICIZING ISRAEL. THAT INVALIDATES UR POINT~
- negropean likes this
- luchadoreofliberty said: read electronic news. television news is for advertising and ratings.