Back the frak up, did Dr. Ron Paul just come out as an anarchist?
In his recent farewell speech. His rhetoric and values strongly implies he agrees with Murray Rothbard, Lew Rockwell, and other famous anarcho-capitalists (who he happens to have had good relations with and cites regularly in his published work!).
In any case, he’s absolutely an ally. He’s even came out in support of anarchy, feeling it’s a legitimate option.
Anarcho-capitalism isn’t anarchism, so no, he didn’t come out as an anarchist or an ally.
Please tell me someone has a quote from Ron Paul coming “out in support of anarchy” I’ve had very little sleep and could use a laugh…
The closest Ron Paul has ever come to legitimately earning the title “anarchist” is in voicing support for the ideas of Lysander Spooner.
And it’s pretty clear his support of Spooner only goes as deep as what Rothbard wrote about him, so no.
Ron Paul is ideology is Voluntaryism. He’s as close to an anarchist as we’ve ever had in Congress.
As for marlkarx, “Anarcho-capitalism isn’t anarchism”? Really? Please continue to shower us with your unbelievable brilliance.
- live-exist-die likes this
- ernestsewell said: At best he’d be a min-anarchist.
- dannydiscord reblogged this from kropotkitten and added:
- thearmedgentleman reblogged this from sugashane and added:
- axefightin likes this
- letinout likes this
- erisandkallisti likes this
- luckyjimjd likes this
- dreamfeverfeverdream likes this
- thelaughingwillow likes this
- inventinghope likes this
- angryseawitch likes this
- wearestillwild likes this
- kropotkitten reblogged this from class-struggle-anarchism and added:
- ebol4 likes this
- omnicore likes this
- gravelord-dorito likes this
- dirtysquatter likes this
- stateless-crusader posted this