-Sen. Tom Coburn, speaking about a new report sponsored by his office that found that a Homeland Security grant program to small cities was used to buy expensive and unnecessary gadgets in the name of fighting terrorism. Columbus, Ohio bought a $98,000 underwater robot to patrol local rivers and Peoria, Ariz. spent $90,000 on security cameras and car bomb barriers for a baseball spring training field. Read more at the Los Angelels Times. (via govtoversight)
I was going to say that this is some of the most stupidly spent money I’ve seen from the government, but then I remembered how much of an exaggeration that would be considering how stupidly they spend 90% of their money.
Isn’t all money spent by government spent stupidly? No need to redundantly add the “stupid” part.
- iio0oii likes this
- anarcho-alowisney likes this
- tharocpileupinthismafq likes this
- the-liberty-republican likes this
- thisorganizedkhaoz likes this
- fearandl0athing reblogged this from voluntaryexchange
- voluntaryexchange reblogged this from govtoversight
- zsion likes this
- oldparasitesingle reblogged this from govtoversight
- oldparasitesingle likes this
- govtoversight posted this