The Rand Paul Principle:
Rand Paul is like a political litmus test. Libertarians who hate him are the crazies we can safely ignore while we go and actually achieve something. Conservatives who hate him are RINOs we can safely ignore while we go ahead and fight for liberty.
Rand Paul, 2016.
whatiscapitalism is right, Rand Paul is the litmus test. He’s just wrong in the application.
Here’s how I see it:
If you know who Rand Paul is, you pay attention more than 90% of America.
If you think that Rand Paul makes decent points, you’re on the good side of things.
If you think Rand Paul is a libertarian you’re either clueless about what libertarianism is or you’re a NeoCon that’s willing to get behind anyone who you think has a shot at being the next president.
Rand Paul is a Rel-Liber-Con (A religious, quasi-libertarian, Neo-Con). He is anti-gay, anti-abortion and very pro-Christian and he promotes certain principles of liberty while completely ignoring the other ones.
And the scary part? He’s trending away from his original libertarian platform which got him elected and he’s on an ever-accelerating slide towards full blow Neo-Conservatism.
So, yes, Rand is a litmus test. If you’re in support of him with no qualms about it, then you’re probably not a well informed libertarian.
- kelllyblack reblogged this from salutationsbitches
- casse4lecasse likes this
- what-wouldmarthado likes this
- avoteislikearifle reblogged this from mollypoppins88
- thelaughingwillow likes this
- tonarchy likes this
- pfowolf likes this
- technicolorrobinhood likes this
- littlelibertythings reblogged this from whatiscapitalism
- sriggio likes this
- catharsisdiaries likes this
- justanotherconservative likes this
- whatsapoundamongfriends reblogged this from leftybegone
- despertaferro likes this
- yourshadowisfollowingyou likes this
- the-liberty-republican reblogged this from leftybegone
- the-liberty-republican likes this
- everythingwithaconservativetwist reblogged this from collegethenlife
- everythingwithaconservativetwist likes this
- whatiscapitalism likes this
- collegethenlife reblogged this from leftybegone
- jakebreel reblogged this from ronpaulproblems
- jakebreel likes this
- clydammit reblogged this from ronpaulproblems
- clydammit likes this
- lawsnotmen reblogged this from whatiscapitalism and added:
- notonetoblog likes this
- snailwood likes this
- kevinyeaux reblogged this from whatiscapitalism and added:
- priceofliberty reblogged this from sugashane
- ilikeitwhenyoudie reblogged this from ronpaulproblems and added:
- johinza reblogged this from nerdylibertarian and added:
- noxnoctis17 reblogged this from the-fibonacci-sequence
- gracefulsteeples likes this
- ronpaulproblems reblogged this from sugashane
- the-fibonacci-sequence reblogged this from nerdylibertarian and added:
- nerdylibertarian reblogged this from sugashane
- automatismes likes this
- tharocpileupinthismafq likes this
- sixteenthree likes this
- sugashane reblogged this from priceofliberty and added:
- t-stonge likes this
- luchadoreofliberty reblogged this from maxlibertarios and added:
- maxlibertarios reblogged this from liberty-c0re and added:
- salutationsbitches reblogged this from cyderpunk
- gaypher likes this
- professorjoke likes this
- pon-raul likes this
- priceofliberty likes this
- cyderpunk reblogged this from lillabet