The more you think about it, the scarier this quote from Obama gets.
- Indefinite detention
- Suspension of Habeas Corpus
- Warrantless DNA seizure by cops
- Warrentless search and monitoring by FBI and DHS
- NSA collecting phone records on every single person
- AUMF granted by the PATRIOT Act
- Secret Presidential Kill Lists
- Assassination of US Citizens by Drones
- Government Whistle-blowers are prosecuted for treason
- IRS targeting citizens for political beliefs
- DOJ secretly spying on journalists
- Government funding enemy “terror” groups with our tax dollars
- Militarization of local police force
- TSA, ICE and DHS conducting illegal search and seizures
- Federal and state governments trying to control and even seize guns
- Federal and local governments limiting free speech
And that’s just what’s been exposed.
I am of the opinion that 100 years from now, if we are still free to study history, we will look back at Obama’s two terms and this quote will be the most profound, most studied quote and most ironic quote of his presidency.
With all the things that were going on at the time, most of it being reported in the news and talked about on the internet, for Obama to go up and make such a statement in public is very disturbing. His administration would later admit that most of these scandals where real yet they’ve also claimed to have no knowledge of them until the media exposed it.
To attribute Obama’s words and timing to simple coincidence would be near impossible at this point, given what we know.
CISPA, SOPA, AUMF, PATRIOT Act, PATRIOT Act 2, NDAA 2012, Executive orders to seize land, resources, communications, Executive Orders to assassinate US citizens, suspension of habeas corpus, drones in our skies, TSA, DHS, ICE, NSA, FBI, CIA, military tanks and personal armor used by local police, gun control legislation, Dept of HOMELAND Security buying billions of rounds of ammo, thousands of tanks, military grade guns, gov’t is out of control with increased taxation, decreased income, 17 trillion in debt, growing by billions a day, starting more wars without ending the priors, fighting an imaginary enemy that we started and funded and continue to fund today. Media outlets are being censored and paid off by gov’t officials, whistle-blowers of gov’t and corporate corruption are being jailed for treason.
Yea, nothing sinister going on at all. Love your government. Ignore the naysayers. There is no tyranny. We are all free. WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.
The watertown event is a failure of the FBI, TSA, DHS and the rest of the ABCs yet we’re going get more pleas of funding for them.
Just to recap:
- A few weeks ago, Department of Homeland Security purchased hundreds of thousand of rounds of ammunition (some estimates claim a stockpile in the billions, though exact figures are hard to confirm)
- Last year, Department of Homeland Security purchased or attempted to purchase 7,000 fully automatic 5.56 NATO “personal defense weapons” with 30-round magazines.
- Within the last year, Department of Homeland Security purchased over 2,700 “mine resistant” armored vehicles for use within the United States.
- Less than a year ago, Department of Homeland Security began a program to “accelerate” use of domestic drones.
- A few months ago, Department of Homeland Security inked a $443 million deal to expand its domestic drone fleet.
- Just this week it was reported that recently uncovered government documents reveal that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) unmanned Predator B drone fleet has been custom designed to identify civilians carrying guns and track cell phone signals.
- Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder claimed in a letter to Senator Rand Paul on Monday: “It is possible, I suppose, to imagine an extraordinary circumstance in which it would be necessary and appropriate under the Constitution and applicable laws of the United States for the President to authorize the military to use lethal force within the territory of the United States.”
- Rand Paul has now passed the twelve-hour mark filibustering the nomination of John Brennan as director of the CIA until he “can no longer speak” to highlight the atrocity of this administration’s belief that it can be justified in assassinating citizens on U.S. soil.
It’s happening. *ronpaulhappening.jpg*
Does a Constitution-free zone really exist in America? via Yahoo! News
Is there really a government law that disallows the Fourth Amendment for 200 million Americans? Some people say it’s true, but the reasoning behind a 100-mile “Constitution-free” zone argument is confusing at best.
The American Civil Liberties Union has been saying since 2010 that a regulation allowing customs and immigration agents to search electronic devices at America’s borders without cause is wrong. Two years prior to that, the ACLU also warned of a 100-mile-wide U.S. border called the “Constitution-free zone” where such searches could occur.
Last Friday, the Department of Homeland Security issued a two-page review of its policy on searching laptops, cell phones, and other devices at border checks, to clarify the policy that the ACLU had questioned in 2010.
The DHS said that customs and immigration agents can “exercise long-standing constitutional and statutory authority permitting suspicionless and warrantless searches of merchandise at the border and its functional equivalent.”
The ACLU also asked for the details behind the decision to be released.
To be sure, the ACLU has played a valuable role in the debate since 2008 and has obtained many government files about electronic-device searches after filing Freedom of Information Act requests.
But the confusion seems to be centered on the idea of a 100-mile extended border for the United States, and how nearly 200 million Americans could have their laptops, cell phones, and iPads searched at any moment.
In a lawsuit filed in 2010, the ACLU argued that “we are not saying that the government can never search or seize electronic devices at the border, but only that border agents should have some suspicion that the search will turn up evidence of wrongdoing before looking through all the private information that people have stored in their devices.”
The 100-mile-wide border zone is from that earlier missive from the ACLU in 2008, which claimed the electronics-search zone applied to any person who lived within 100 miles of a land or sea border—which happens to be two-thirds of the American population. At the time, the ACLU labeled the area asthe “Constitution-free zone.”
Since then, bloggers and writers have continued to make the connection between this 100-mile wide border and the lack of constitutional rights for searches of laptops and cell phones.
Legally, the 100-mile-wide region is called the “extended border” of the U.S., as defined by Title 8 of the Federal Code of Regulations. There is also something called the “functional equivalent” border, which is the area around international airports in the interior region of the U.S.
The DHS ruling from last Friday said its “warrantless searches” applied to the U.S. “border and its functional equivalent,” with no mention of the extended 100-mile border.
Two analysis papers from the Congressional Research Service from 2009 offer some legal insight into what tactics agents can follow within the 100-mile-wide extended border, and why the distinction between the extended border and the other two borders is important.
Searches within the 100-mile extended border zone, and outside of the immediate border-stop location, must meet three criteria: a person must have recently crossed a border; an agent should know that the object of a search hasn’t changed; and that “reasonable suspicion” of a criminal activity must exist, says the CRS. (The service had done the legal analyses to prepare Congress members for legislation.)
“Although a search at the border’s functional equivalent and an extended border search require similar elements, the extended border search entails a potentially greater intrusion on a legitimate expectation of privacy. Thus, an extended border search always requires a showing of ‘reasonable suspicion’ of criminal activity, while a search at the functional equivalent of the border may not require any degree of suspicion whatsoever,” the CRS says.
The fact that agents need to show “reasonable suspicion” outside direct border stops and airports puts their actions closer to the scope of the Fourth Amendment, says the CRS.
“The Fourth Amendment mandates that a search or seizure conducted by a government agent must be ‘reasonable.’ As a general rule, courts have construed Fourth Amendment reasonableness as requiring probable cause and a judicially granted warrant. Nonetheless, the Supreme Court has recognized several exceptions to these requirements, one of which is the border search exception.”
The argument about a Constitution-free zone may better apply to direct border stops and airports, where agents don’t need to explain why they are searching a computer or cell phone. So, there could still be a “Constitution-free zone,” based on the outcome of legal appeals. It would just be much smaller than that 100-mile band around the U.S..
The CRS says the Supreme Court has yet to consider a case involving the degree of suspicion needed to search laptops at the border without a warrant or reasonable suspicion.
And in an evolving world where people keep much of their private lives stored on computers and cell phones, the issue should only grow in importance in coming years.
Not the greatest article in the world, but it’s on Yahoo! which is a pretty big deal and a really good sign that at least some of the MSM is starting to report the reality of how far we’ve fallen.
via Yahoo! News
-Sen. Tom Coburn, speaking about a new report sponsored by his office that found that a Homeland Security grant program to small cities was used to buy expensive and unnecessary gadgets in the name of fighting terrorism. Columbus, Ohio bought a $98,000 underwater robot to patrol local rivers and Peoria, Ariz. spent $90,000 on security cameras and car bomb barriers for a baseball spring training field. Read more at the Los Angelels Times. (via govtoversight)
I was going to say that this is some of the most stupidly spent money I’ve seen from the government, but then I remembered how much of an exaggeration that would be considering how stupidly they spend 90% of their money.
Isn’t all money spent by government spent stupidly? No need to redundantly add the “stupid” part.
Random (humorous) Thought: The Gov’t, Weapons, Caskets, Aliens and 2012
I’ve been seeing a lot of posts lately about how government spending is out of control, and I agree. People are also pointing out the ridiculousness of what the government is buying and, again, I agree. Everyone is freaking out over the US Government’s homeland departments (DHS, FEMA, etc) buying tons of guns, ammo, riot gear, caskets, and armored vehicles. What I don’t agree on is what or why the government is buying this stuff for.
Many people who buy into conspiracy theories think that the government, a.k.a. the Globalists a.k.a. the Illuminati a.k.a.the Satanic Bankers, are out to kill us all. Let’s set aside the ridiculousness of power hungry sociopaths killing off the very people which they wish to enslave and how ridiculous that idea is (unless they are going to bring us all back as zombie-salves!) and let’s pretend that there is no conspiracy. Trust me, Obama and his Goldman Sachs army don’t want to kill you. They need you and they especially need your tax dollars.
Maybe there’s other logical theories as to why gov’t is buying and stocking up on so much equipment and weapons right now. There’s the crazy theory that maybe they are afraid of European Union level riots and protests. Maybe they have tasted the spoils of the military hand-me-downs and are sick of their low-powered arsenal and they all want to upgrade. Or maybe it’s the end of the fiscal year and all of the gov’t agencies need to use up the remainder of their budget so they don’t lose funding for the new fiscal year, especially with the rise in popularity among the population to make huge cuts in the federal defense budget (no way, this makes too much logical sense). Let’s pretend all of these reasonable and logical explanations don’t work either.
So here’s my random thought: What if Obama and the Federal gov’t are buying all of this gear for our own protection?
What would they possibly be preparing to protect us from? Well, here’s a few options:
1. World War 3. There are a lot of signs that we are on the path to an even larger war than most suspect. No, not Iran, but a war caused by our involvement in Iran. Israel just took a dry run, killing Sudanese citizens, to test their bombing capabilities. The US has been assassinating Iranian scientists and working with Mossad to implement Stuxnet viruses and sabotage Iranian nuclear plants. Guess who doesn’t like this, outside of Iran, obviously: China and Russia. Guess who has the most nukes and military capability outside of the United States: Russia and China.
2. Alien Invasion. Maybe Paul Krugman was right?!?! Maybe the more money the Government spends on fighting the non existent aliens (or do they exist… dun dun DUNNN!) the faster we’ll get out of this global recession. That Krugman, he’s always ahead of the curve!
3. American Revolution 2.0. Think about it. We’re all angry. We’re all broke. We’re all unhappy. And the new Assassin’s Creed just came out and it’s centered around the American Revolution.
And my personal favorite reason for the increased weaponization of homeland departments…
4. 2012 and the Mayan Prophecy. Maybe our gov’t believes the legitimacy of the Mayan Prophecy. If you don’t know what I’m talking about let me first thank you for being the only sane human on the planet. Okay, now that we’ve crowned you the smartest human alive, go watch this (or don’t, it won’t make a difference): 2012, End of the World. Outside of the fact that even the Mayan’s say that the end of their calendar doesn’t corresponds with the end of the world any more than the end of our own annual calendar signifies the apocalypse.
But maybe, just maybe, our gov’t likes to spend money on ridiculous things (you don’t say!) and maybe, just maybe a few of the crazies that run our government and defense industries believe in the Mayan Prophecy. And maybe, just maybe, our gov’t is gullible enough, stupid enough, inefficient enough, misguided enough and spend-happy enough that they are actually throwing a ton of resources at this just in case. Sort of how we built 10,000 nuclear bombs, you know, just in case we want to implode our entire planet into a black hole.
All of this sounds crazy, but to me, it sounds crazy when people tell me that government, an establishment that relies on having vast numbers of enslaved citizens to supply it with continuous money, labor, and power, would want to kill off the only asset that they depend on.
Your government doesn’t want to kill you, trust me. They need you, every single one of you. Without you, government has nothing. It’s a fictional character that, without people, doesn’t exist. What government wants to do is keep you alive and obedient for as long as humanly possible.
All of the above is much more likely than some vast global conspiracy by the CIA, in conjunction with the United Nations, to raise, educate and nurture and then put in place two completely identical Presidential candidates, who are nothing more than life-like robots who are programmed to serve the Skull & Bones run Intelligence community and are armed with the order to murder of the entire planet, except for all of the CIA overlords who will be hiding out at George Bush’s Colorado mountain-cave-lair.
"Never ascribe to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by incompetence"
Dear fear spurned gun-buyers.
Obama is not going to “Take your guns.”
The world is not going to end.
The zombies won’t come for at least another 5 years.
Please stop buying up all these guns and ammo at such a rapid rate.
Someone who is tired of being told by his distributors that everything for his AR15 is on back-order. :)
Guise guise, I know you’ll hate on this, but… Obama can’t take all our guns, declare martial law, take our food, and turn America into a wasteland. Js.
GOD THIS TEN THOUSAND TIMES THIS.
The “HE’LL TAKE MAH GURNS” people are the reason all the 8mm surplus is gone and German Mausers are like $600.
STOP CRUSHING MY DREAMS.
GOD. FUCKING. DAMMIT.
For people who don’t think Obama might (I’m not saying he WILL, but there are strong implications) try to take them away, please explain the following:
1. Backing the Trayvon Martin case b cherry-picking it out of the hundreds of murders that happen. Why would someone pick this case and attack the “Stand your ground” and “castle doctrine” laws?
2. Fast & Furious - The Obama Administration and Eric Holder intentionally selling guns and then trying to let it come around so they can blame those same guns for violence. Why would someone perpetrate this false flag event?
3. Picking Eric Holder at the AG. Or for any office in Obama’s administration. Go youtube videos of Eric Holder on gun control. The guy literally says that they need to brainwash Americans about guns and convince them that they are bad so they can take them away.
4. Explain why the Department of Homeland security just bought 400 million rounds of hollow point ammo. Why would the Department responsible for affairs WITHIN our boarder need more ammo then there are American citizens?
5. Explain the 2,000 plus armored vehicles that the Department of Homeland Security just ordered. 2,000 tanks. Labels as Police/Rescue. 2,000 of them. Who are they rescuing? Who are they policing? This goes hand in hand with the ammo they just bought. What’s the purpose? Are there that many illegal immigrants at our boarders? (Actually, stats show that some ethnicities are LEAVING this country.)
6. Why did they just approve and order 30,000 unmanned drones to patrol and fly over THE USA! Who are they monitoring? How long until they are armed? What’s the reason for this?
7. Why is the NSA building the world’s largest spy hub in Utah for the sole purpose of monitoring USA CITIZENS? Don’t they have other people to watch? What are they afraid of? Revolution? Porn? Google+ Hangouts?
8. Now piece this all together with the renewal of the PATRIOT Act, the NDAA, CISPA and the revision of the National Defense Resources Preparedness. Why are they declaring the USA a war zone (NDAA)? Why are they giving themselves the ability to indefinitely detain and/or assassinate US citizens without due process (NDAA)? WHy are they trying to access all of our private online data (CISPA)? Why do they keep Gitmo going? Why does the POTUS want the ability to control ALL US resources, including your home and your cars, during peace time (Obama’s admin changed it from war time)?
So, to recap. I’m not saying that Obama will or is trying to take away our guns. I’m just saying that there’s a lot of scary evidence out there. There’s an entire trail of actions that point in one single direction, and while I HOPE that we don’t get to that final destination, I still recognize what road we’re on and where the last stop is. I’d rather be cautious and prepared then get blindsided and be played for a fool.
That’s what the founding fathers wanted for us. That’s why our 1st Amendment is the freedom from gov’t suppressing out free speech and the very next amendment is our right to bear arms in order to protect our 1st Amendment and act as the 4th and most important check and balance in our great republic. You see, this is a a government of the people by the people and for the people and when government intervenes to the point that our basic rights, laid out in the Constitution, are trampled by the very people we elected to serve us, we need to take a stand and practice our right to replace that government with one that will do us right and will obey the limitations of government expressed by our founding fathers in the Constitution.
So ask again why we buy guns and stay prepared. It’s not because we want to or because we’re forced to or turn to armaments by outside influences. No. We stay armed because we have to, it’s our duty to ensure that the republic endures all tyranny, especially that which comes from within.