Ok then what about Monroe, Iverson, Allen or Reggie fit into that category?
I like Monroe, but his scoring was semi-erratic, and the rest of his game wasn’t on par with Wade, MJ or Bean.
Reggie was very one dimensional. Outside of shooting, he wasn’t much of anything else. Loved watching him play, but I don’t even think he’s top 10.
Ray Allen is my second favorite player of all time (word to Gary Payton), but, again, defense was always lacking as well as other attributes that make up a “complete package”.
Iverson is one the most over-rated players of all time. Inefficient, selfish, no D, no leadership skills. He could put up big scoring games, but on 40% nights. Dude was a ball-stopper. But Iverson highlights are always fun to watch and I loved to watch him play, but this isn’t a discussion about “who’s fun to watch”.
We’re talking about which 5 shooting guards would you draft if you could keep them from their rookie year until they retire.
Top 10 maybe but top 5 i think is a stretch.
Name me 5 better SGs than Wade.
Here’s the numbers:
- 24.5 points per game, 5 rebounds per game, 6.1 assists per game, 1.7 steals per game, 1 block per game. Those are his career averages thus far and he’s shared the load for 2.5 years with one of the greatest of all time.
- He’ll finish his career averaging 20 ppg, only 15 other Guards or Guard/Forwards have retired averaging better than 20ppg
- Dwyane Wade has won a scoring title. Only 11 different Guards have won the NBA scoring title.
- Wade’s on pace to score 20,000 career points. Only 13 other Guards have scored that many points.
- 2 Championships, 1 Finals MVP, 1 All Star MVP, 9x All Star, 2x All NBA 1st Team, 3x All NBA 2nd Team, 2x All NBA 3rd Team, 3x All NBA Defensive 2nd Team.
- Career PER of 25.6 ranks him second all time ad far as all guards are concerned, right behind Michael Jordan’s 27.9.
When considering the whole picture — rings, All-NBAs, scoring, passing/rebounding/steals/blocks, and defense — there’s only a few guys that are in the same realm as Wade: Jordan, Bryant, Drexler, West, Ginobili, and Fraizer. I’ll throw Robertson in there if you want to make a case for Big O as a 2-guard. That’s the entire list.
The only two guys that I’d blindly put in front of Wade are Jordan and Kobe.
Anonymous asked: What's the meaning of life? Also, who are your top 10 greatest NBA players ever?
7. Kareem (ninja edit)
The meaning of life is to give life meaning. Or in numerical terms: 23.